The college has a well equipped hostel facility for girls. The number of seats are limited. Application form for hostel admission may be collected from the office of the college and submitted to the concerning authority. Those admitted to the hostels will have to abide by the rules and regulations.
Superintendent: Miss Preetyrekha Bhuyan, Assistant Professor, Department of Assamese.
Specific Facilities for Girls
Gender equality is one of the major challenges of the society in present time. The college is very concerns about this fact and for that Sankardeva Mahavidyalaya always encourages the students, specially the females for higher education. The college has separated girls common room equipped with basic facilities for the girls students. The college also creates NSS wings for girls. There is provision for enrolling boys and girls in NCC. Moreover, the college has a separate Women Cell to guides and addresses their problems. For gender sensitization, the Women Cell organizes various programmes in the college and at the adopted village.
Specific facilities provided for women in Sankardeva Mahavidyalaya are as follows:
a) Safety and Security
· Hostel for girls with security.
· Security checkpoint at the college entrance so that any outsider cannot enter to the college without permission.
· The Women Cell of the college is responsible for any kind of gender related issue of the college.
· The campus is under CCTV surveillance.
· Special counselingis provided to the girls by the education department and Women’s Cell of the college whenever the situation arises. The counseling is given when the girls is in depression, anxiety, mental trauma etc.
· Career Counseling centre gives special importance to the girls related to various job and opportunities both in Govt. and private sectors.
c) Common Room
· The college has separate common rooms for female. The girls common room is equipped with basic amenities like loo, benches and table, chairs, dressing mirror.
· Indoor games like Ludo, Chess, and Carom Board provided in the common room.
· Drinking water facility is also provided in the common room.
· First Aids box is also provided to them.