An alumni association is an association of graduates or, more broadly, of former students (alumni). This association often organize social events, publish newsletters or magazines, and raise funds for the organization. Many provide a variety of benefits and services that help alumni maintain connections to their educational institution and fellow graduates. Most associations do not require its members to be an alumnus of a university to enjoy membership and privileges. Additionally, such groups often support new alumni, and provide a forum to form new friendships and business relationships with people of similar background.
Aims and Objectives
· To promote and foster mutually beneficial interaction between the Alumni and the present students of the Sankardeva Mahavidyalaya and between the Alumni themselves.
· To enable the alumni to participate in activities that would contribute to the general development of the college.
· To arrange and collect funds for the development of the college.
· To organize and establish scholarship funds to help the needy and deserving students.
· To Institute prizes and awards for outstanding project work, research papers or other professional activity by the students of the Institute; also to suitably recognize outstanding social and community service by the Alumni and the students.